a day for me, myself and i

Today has been a lovely, relaxing Saturday, which is the first one in a LONG time. I feel like we're always going in fifty different directions on the weekends, but today I got to just relax and have a day full o' me time. Brian's been at a golf tournament all day and I literally had zero obligations... and it's been just lovely.

We recently purchased new bedding for our bed and I've been on a mission to find sheets to match just PERFECTLY. I mean, the bedding is a mix of cream/white/sage/gray, but I've struggled with wanting a subtle cream or a bright white (Brian just doesn't see the difference, silly boy). So I planned to head to Macy's after I dropped him off at the golf course because they were supposedly having a sale, and even packed a pillow sham to take with me so I could do side-by-side comparisons. Well, I ran into traffic on the way back and my 20 my drive turned into a 45 minute drive... in the rain. By the time I got to the mall, my shopping excitement had been drained. I browsed through the bedding and just didn't find anything that I felt like was worth the money.

My next stop was Crate & Barrel and I actually found prizes there-- I left with a new pie dish, an 8x8 casserole dish, and an herb planter for my basil! Me, Miss Black Thumb, brought home a basil plant a couple of weeks ago and it's been a joint effort to keep Bella Basil alive. I'm hoping that after I add a bit of soil to my cute little planter and transfer Bella, she'll just be a-thrivin'.

Sidenote: I'm watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and he just surprised these two little old ladies for a Pineapple Upside-Down cake throwdown and the firs thing one of the women said was, "Ohh Bobby Flay! I just LOVE your eyelashes!" Cute... and maybe a little bit creepy.

Mall-wise, I stopped in every store I passed by and ended up leaving with one pair of khaki pants from JCrew. On the bright side, they were originally $60, were on sale for $19.99 and I got an ADDITIONAL 30% off of that, bringing my grand total to $13. I'm impressed with myself.

Post-mall, I headed home, ate a bit of lunch, caught up on my blog-reading, made my grocery list/meal plan for the week, and watched a movie. In other words... I did absolutely nothing. And boy, did it feel good.

I actually have pictures from the Fourth of July, it's just a matter of uploading them to Brian's computer, then sneaking it away long enough to organize the pictures and upload them to the blog, write a blog... I think I've finally reached my breaking point with having ZERO of my USB ports working. Not only can I not post any pictures, I also cannot upload any new music to my iPod. With all of the running that I've been doing, this is becoming a serious problem. Off to the Geek Squad my little computer shall go.

Now I'm just waiting for the call to head out and pick up Brian, then we're doing takeout Thai and a movie tonight, which sounds just perfect!

Happy Saturday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment