a whole lotta nothing

Today was day #2 of doing absolutely nothing... and it felt so good. Well I kind of take that back.

I was awake at 7am this morning (totally unintentional, I promise) and decided around 9 to make my grocery list and head out to the track for my Sunday run. Of course the track was locked, so I headed to the gym for a good forty minutes, then took my sweaty self to the grocery store. I was in and outta there so fast, it was shocking.

After getting home and unloading everything, Brian and I both showered, put on comfy clothes, and lounged all day. I prepped everything for dinner tonight and tomorrow night, read a good amount in my new book (The Castaways by Elin Hildebrand, a new author who I recently found and HIGHLY recommend), and watched Lifetime Movie Network all dang day. Literally.

When I wasn't building my intelligence with LMN, Brian and I were snacking. I kid you not, I've been a bottomless pit this weekend. I rationalized, saying that I was eating Wheat Thins and hummus and Healthy Request soup, not cheeseburgers and fries (but I totally would have eaten them had they been in front of me), but I still feel gross tonight. To continue with our day o' food, supper was pasta primavera with fresh asparagus, green beans, mushrooms, carrots and a very light cream sauce. I had been craving it something fierce, so I threw it together, pan-cooked chicken cutlets on the side and indulged in a bit of fresh Italian bread. Lord, I'll be cursing the calories as I run my bum off this week, but it was so worth it.

It is now 10:40 and I'm EXHAUSTED. Off to bed to wake up and face another work week.

Happy Sunday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment