So much coffee! So many words!

After wrapping up six weeks worth of alternating weekends of traveling with a flight landing in Boston at 12:30 Monday morning, I am officially tuckered out. After the most torturous 4-hours-of-sleep-fueled-day yesterday, watching Brian test new golf clubs at the driving range, a speedy grocery store stop, and a dinner of Buitoni tortellini with jarred marinara (which I pretty much never resort to), I headed to bed around 10:30 last night and slept soundly... straight through my 6:15am alarm this morning.

Ah, yes. Nothing like waking up to see the bright light of 6:45am when you're usually showered, dressed and halfway through makeup by that time. I took the fastest shower of my life, woke Brian up and hustled him to the shower, and went for the "natural" makeup and hair look (hair courtesy of blow-dried and straightened bangs and roots and a quick twisted bun for the rest):


I know-- my southern Mama would (not) be so proud.

We stopped for coffee on our way in this morning, which I inhaled as soon as I was at my desk. As luck would have it, just as I was noticing that I was losing my coffee buzz and that it was ONLY 10:30am and I had already completed the majority of my important work for the day, a delightful friend stopped by to offer a field trip to Starbucks.

Who was I to say no? Girls obviously go everywhere in pairs (forget that a fellow employee was already accompanying her. Girls go in pairs is my excuse for the four dollar coffee). We traipsed over, I got my midday air break... which brings me to this:

I ended one cup (medium iced mocha with skim, 2 Splenda) and headed on to the next (tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte). Both have been consumed and, as the caffeine courses through my body, my hands are legitimately shaking as I type this and I'm a giddy chatterbox who cannot stop smiling. My apologies go out to my coworkers who must think that I'm just Really happy and excited to be here! On this rainy humid Tuesday! And sitting at my desk and excitedly doing all of my work!

Oh well. It's just one of those days.

Not much else is going on in my pretty little world as of now.

I finally bought new running shoes:

This was my first time putting them on. I was excited... and more flexible than I thought.

I told Brian to please not get my weird looking hand in the shot. He's a great listener.

I've only run in them a couple times, but I think I love them!

Day 732 of not eating meat is starting to wear on me a bit. I swear my energy is down because I'm not getting enough protein in my diet (face it: a girl can only eat so many meals of beans and cheeses before boyfriend becomes repulsed by the answer to "What's for dinner?"-- "Beans, obviously." Also, I think we're hitting that point.)

I'm also struggling with my meal creativity, since I can't use any meat. What's in my current rotation, you might ask? Breakfast for dinner at least once a week (like tonight); pasta with veggie-pumped sauces; variations of grilled cheese sandwiches (Caprese Grilled Cheese, I love you to pieces); and mushrooms... OH the mushrooms we have consumed since Ash Wednesday kicked us off to vegetarianism. Luckily, I have a fab boyfriend who just goes along with it and never complains, and who is also happy to whip up his own chicken salad or tuna salad while I eat my 97th quesadilla of the month.

As proud as I am for having come this long (and survived a weekend in Texas without cheating- not an easy feat, I promise), girlfriend cannot wait for a steak dinner... and chicken tacos... and my favorite chicken and veggie Thai dish. Oh, yum. Twenty days and counting, indeed.

I'm off to change for the gym. Tonight begins the Quest for Carrie's Legs, so I may or may not be able to sit and stand in a non-awkward fashion tomorrow.

Only exhibit needed for motivation:


'Til later, my lovelies!
(P.S. After reading over this post, I realized that I have approximately 72 new paragraphs. I just like to keep things fresh and spacey, no biggie.)

2 comments:

  1. 1) Don't blame me; blame Brendan. He's the one who came in and tricked me into realizing I NEEDED Starbucks.

    2) YOU'RE WELCOME.

    3) New paragraphs are the bee's knees. I am a fan.

    4) After the Beef Jerky Incident, I am sure of one thing: I will be reintroducing meat VERY. SLOWLY. back into my life. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Carrie's legs are my inspiration too!! Love the new shoes. If I feel like I am not getting enough protein, I always make a protein shake- vanilla soy powder, chocolate milk and a banana are delicious.

    ReplyDelete