Mish-mash Monday.

Good morning, my lovelies. I have a suspicious feeling that 90% of you are reading this from the comfort of your bed/couch/cozy reading chair, decked out in your yoga pants with a good cup of coffee and Good Morning America playing in the background. Why, you may ask, would I assume that?

Because I'm convinced that 99.2% of America's working folk have today off from work, while I do not. If I DID have today off, that is exactly how you would find me.


Because I'm not bitter, not bitter at all, we'll move on to my Manic Monday Mish-mash of Musings... how about THAT?

*A woman sitting in the seat in front of me on the shuttle this morning was compulsively, noisily eating Goldfish crackers. Don't get me wrong- I love a good serving of Goldfish. These are in fact one of my "trigger foods" that I can only manage if handed a snack baggie of pre-portioned out crackers. If I take that little paper/foil bag into my own two hands, nary a fish will survive. However, at 8am on an otherwise silent bus, the noise of the crunching? It was a wee bit annoying. Then again, that could just be my PMS talking.

*I'm thinking of running a 5 miler next Saturday morning... as in the day after we move. Is this nuts? We can't move out of our condo on the weekends, so we both have Friday off to do the big stuff, like moving the bed and dressers. We have no living room furniture to speak of, so everything else is just boxes, which we really don't think will take that long. I could totally swing a 5 miler that morning, considering that's my average Saturday morning workout anyways, right?

Honesty is appreciated here, my fellow running folk.

*Fall weather to me equals casseroles. Creamy, comforting, carb-y casseroles. The whole healthy living/eating/breathing business tends to put a damper on recipes that include such culinary delicacies as creama mushroom soup (I've never once properly said "Cream of Mushroom soup," have you?). My Mama would probably be proud to hear me say that I feel that I am of the belief that though I may not use it as an ingredient all that frequently, I am confident that any recipe gone wrong can be righted again with the addition of that condensed deliciousness. A recipe I'm reading just referred to it as "gooey, creamy southern béchamel (that's Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup for those of y'all with a more sophisticated palate" ...and I just about died. Southerners speak the truth!

Anywho, I have a BIG craving now for any/all of the following:
King Ranch Chicken
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Chicken Tetrazzini
Swiss Stuffing Chicken
Enchiladas
Poppyseed Chicken
Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Green Bean Casserole

Again... this could be my PMS talking.

*Considering we move next Friday, we finally made the trip to look at living room furniture this weekend. When Brian came across a loveseat with a console between the two seats, this was his response: "Katie! Look! Seriously. There's a beer cooler in the couch!"

I promise y'all that he is a very intelligent and properly raised young man. I suppose man-brain instantly thinks that a hard plastic box that opens and closes is a cooler for les bevs. Boyfriend was thrilled. I could not stop laughing-- as lovely as this convenience may seem, I can imagine it could inevitably only lead to this:

If you'd like a mid-day flashback to my fav show of the 90s, go right ahead and enjoy:

http://youtu.be/mQNc3xFyd48
(YouTube will NOT let me embed this clip, but if you'd like a giggle, go watch... NOW.)

*AND I just found out I get to leave early today, so with that I bid y'all farewell!

'Til later, my lovelies!

1 comment:

  1. I am indeed reading from my comfy chair in my yoga pants, but that's because I only work part time, I'm off every Monday anyway. And those casseroles sounds amazing! Hope you have a good move!

    ReplyDelete