Managing Monday

Wouldn't it be perfection to have a three day weekend every week, and just skip Monday?  

When my alarm went off this morning, I'm not sure if I have ever more strongly felt the need to throw my phone clear across the room.  Didn't go to bed late, slept pretty decent... just not feeling the whole "Let's start a fresh new week!" approach.  Example?  As I walked to the elevator at work this morning, I saw a co-worker also waiting and made a sharp left into the ladies room because the thought of having to make conversation at that very moment was unbearable.  Kudos to those of you who are Monday people.  I mean, as I scrolled through my blog roll this morning, I scanned over a scattering of new post titles that allude to the fact that their content is going to tell me to embrace my day, throw open the windows, put a smile on my face and love every minute of this very moment, so I know that you're out there, you cheery weirdos, and this is my response:

I embrace that it's Monday; it's unavoidable.
It's going to snow; windows are closed.
Coffee made me smile.
I do love every moment.

Ways that I'm making my Monday a little bit more manageable?

... a gym sesh accompanied by back-to-back episodes of Say Yes to the Dress.

... my mani, painted while half-watching the Super Bowl last night.  It's the Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics brand from Sephora, and I'm kind of obsessed-- the color is "Strumpet," and this line of nail polish is 100% vegan and cruelty-free.  I'm a huge Essie and OPI devotee and am always a bit hesitant to branch out, but Brian added this to my Christmas Sephora order as a surprise and it's a GREAT polish!

... my new Simplified Planner.  When I opened the box on Saturday afternoon, it was like the heavens opened and angels sang.  This is going to take my organization obsessiveness to an entirely higher level, and I'm thrilled, especially with all of the wedding crazy that's going on this year.  And?  It's just so PRETTY.

... most importantly, my large iced coconut coffee, snug and cold in my Dunkin Donuts coffee koozie.  There is no shame in my caffeine game.

No comments:

Post a Comment