Charlotte Frances {2 months}

[Behind again, but at least I'm posting these! I'm blaming this delay on being in Texas on 3/6, the day Charlotte turned 2 months old!]

Your sweet 6 week picture. We were in Texas when you turned 8 weeks and Mama couldn't get it together to take an official pic #worldsmostokayestmom


Weight: As of your 8 week checkup on February 27, you're weighing 10 pounds, 4 oz. You've grown so much but are still such a little peanut to us! You had your 8 week checkup a little early (on Monday, February 27) so that you could get your next round of vaccinations before our girls trip to Texas. 

Nicknames: CC, Sweet Charlotte, Lovebug, Lovey, Little Love, Sunshine

Clothes: You've officially outgrown all of your newborn clothes (sob!) and are well into your 0-3 month outfits. Some 3 month outfits absolutely swallow you, while 3 month outfits in other brands fit you perfectly - baby sizing is crazy! 

Sleep: We feel super lucky that you're such a good sleeper (knock on all of the wood!). We put you down between 9-10pm, and you sleep until 4-5am, when you wake up for a feeding a diaper change. You go back down until 6:30/7am (when your Daddy leaves for work) and we get up to start our day. You nap off and on throughout the day, and are super flexible, which I love and knew we wanted - you don't have to be in a certain seat with a sound machine and no light to fall asleep. I do let you fall asleep on my chest as often as you'd like, though.

Schedule: No real schedule, but an average day looks like this - 
6-7 a.m: Awake and eating
7-9 a.m: Hanging out in the Mamaroo or your lounger while I make/eat breakfast and try to drink my coffee (very rare chance that I make it through the cup without microwaving it)
9-11 a.m: Nap while I straighten up downstairs, put on a load of laundry, clean up the kitchen, etc.
11 a.m. - 12 noon: Awake and eating
12-2 p.m: Nap while I shower and get ready for the day 
2-5 p.m: The time we're most likely to get out of the house/run errands. You often fall asleep during our outings.
5-6:30 p.m: Prep dinner/find our way through the witching hour. I usually try to wear you in the Solly while prepping dinner with a glass of wine.
6:30-8:3o p.m: Daddy's home! Eat dinner together, watch a show on the DVR... This is your time to hang out with Daddy, which he loves every minute of.
8:30 p.m: Bath time. 
9-10 p.m: Read a story, rock and into the Pack n Play you go.
Wake up and start it all over!

Health: You've been in the best of health since Day 1, and we couldn't be more grateful or feel more blessed for that.
Crying: You only fuss if you're hungry, overtired or need a diaper change. You've definitely found your lungs this month and have gotten louder - you make sure we know that you're here! You've taken to your paci this month, and it's been great for your fussy times during the witching hour.

Feeding: We're still exclusively breastfeeding, although we're working towards introducing  a bottle soon (mainly my hesitation). You're a great eater and are getting more into a routine versus strictly nursing on demand, although I do let you comfort nurse whenever. We nursed for the first time in public at the airport (with my CoveredGoods cover) before our flight to Texas. Aside from your flailing towards the end, we both did great. It was a huge check for the both of us!

Likes: Bathtime/massage after bath, your Lamb and Fox Wubbanubs (Wubby), walks in your stroller, being warm/snuggled, Adele time with Daddy when he gets home from work. And your Mommy! Seriously... you've met a lot of new people lately, and while you're semi-okay with being held by them, you're constantly looking around for me and will fuss until I'm holding you again.
Dislikes: Being cold, loud noises (sneezes send your little hands flailing), being buckled into your carseat - you don't mind it once you're in, but the process of getting you there is something else.
Milestones: Smiles! You are all smiles, sweet girl, and they absolutely make my heart soar every single time I catch one. You're also tracking me and your Daddy all around the room - it's so fun to see you look for us when you hear our voices. We celebrated your First Valentine's Day and also went on your first plane ride!
Places You’ve Gone: We made our first solo trip to Texas! You were the most perfect little traveler - we flew direct both ways, and you woke up once on the flight from Boston to Austin to nurse and for a diaper change and went right back to sleep, and slept from wheels up to wheels down from Austin back to Boston. I was so proud of both of us for making the trip, just the two of us, and can't wait for more adventures together!
Visitors: You've met a handful of new people at family gatherings, including your Aunt Katie and Uncle Jeff at Katie's baby shower - your cousin Addison will be here in two short months! And you met your whole Texas side of the family during our trip home.

Postpartum: I got the OK at my 6 week checkup to start working out again, and I'm actually missing it! It's been hard because it's been so darn cold, so I'm looking forward to spring weather actually getting here so we can get out and moving more often. Lord knows it's been a solid six months since I really moved and summer clothes aren't going to work on this bod...

Molly: Sweet Molly has been the absolute best with you. She follows me from room to room, all day long, and constantly wants to sit right next to me - at my feet in the nursery, next to me on the couch. I love it, and I'm so happy that she's adjusted to not only having you around but to sharing the undivided attention she usually gets from us. There have been a few times when I've come home with you during the day and she'll meet me at the door with a toy, and leave it right next to your carseat - love it.


This little fox sleeper from Gap... the bubbles while she's sleeping... napping with her daddy... I just love this picture.


Our little valentine!


Books, a card, and flowers from her daddy for Charlotte's first Valentine's Day!

I'm mentally preparing myself for when she gives me this look down the road.






Practicing using the Ergo before our trip to Texas!



This little love - Born to be loved, indeed!


Boogie and the Baby - Molly loves Charlotte and always wants to be thisclose to her. Makes my heart happy.




Brian took this and while it's so not the best picture of me, it's a sweet memory I want to remember.



Forever one of my favorite pictures - one of Charlotte's first real smiles.


Every single ultrasound that we had showed her with her hands around her face, so I just love seeing her doing the same thing now.


Meeting her big cousin Meredith on Meredith's 4th birthday!


Celebrating (or sleeping) at Auntie Kay's baby shower! We can't wait to meet our new cousin, Addison!


Melt my heart already! 

Sending birthday wishes to Gigi!

This gal only has eyes for her Daddy...


Starting to hold her Wubbanub (those little hands slay me)



We made it! Charlotte's first time in my favorite place- Austin, TX!


Boss Lady (with a serious side-eye)


Relaxing at Gigi and Papa's house in Texas


We made it to the Silos!




Meeting Aunt Shivani and Auntie Amanda - two of my best, oldest girls. It made my heart so happy to see them (and I definitely cried when they left).

My little foxy girl!


Her Papa (my dad) is pretty smitten with our girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment