Down for the count...

Sick. I am so, so sick. This one came completely out of nowhere. I literally woke up Thursday morning with a bit of a scratchy throat, which I dismissed because that happens often. Well, by lunchtime I could barely swallow and once 1:45 hit and I was done with class for the day, I asked The Boy if I could take his car to come home early. Yesterday added a stuffy head and a runny nose, and today piled on all kinds of congestion and a headache. I guess it's a good thing that it happened early (and right before a weekend), because if this was in the middle of the semester with tons of school work or starting on a Monday where I had to deal with this all week... things would not be good. The Boy has been taking wonderful care of me though-- he's been right there with lots of hugs and juice cups and soup deliveries. It's nicer than I could possibly say. For the past two years, whenever I got sick, I just had to kind of cope with things on my own. Now I have him here to take care of me... and that's a wonderful feeling.

Plus he can stomach looking at me, puffy eyes, Vicks smeared under the red nose, scraggly cough and all. That alone gets big points.

I've been super on top of the meals and such. I'm quite the nerd-- I sit in my Thursday class just beyond antsy, hardly being able to wait to leave. Why, you ask? The new grocery store ads come out on Thursdays. I hurry over to the library, snag a computer, and browse for new recipes for the week. This week's menu looks like this:

Southwest Chicken Caesar Salad
Turkey Jack Chimichangas
Chicken and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
Eggplant Patrice

I'm trying to either completely cut-out or have very few carbs for dinner. Everything this week is completely healthy, which is exciting. We also brought over Brian's elliptical from his parents' house and set it up in our room. It's so nice to be able to come home, if I don't have time to make it to the gym, and just hop on the machine for an hour or so. I'm trying to turn things around and really get back into a healthy swing again. Having the boy for motivation is also super helpful.

My head's feeling pretty foggy now and I can't find my cord to upload pictures from the last couple of weeks, so I'm done for now. More to come later.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog, love finding other Texans, and hope you feel better!!

    ReplyDelete