settling in... finally.

Hi y'all.

I figured it was about time that I came up with a blog that everyone can read. I've always written them and just set them to private, since they were more of a personal journal than anything. I kind of like the idea of feedback though, so I'm all for putting myself out there for y'all to get to know. Lots has happened in the last week or so, and is
going to continue happening, so I thought now would be as good a time as any to get started.

The biggest thing of the moment is probably that I moved in with The Boy. Finally, finally we (and his dad) moved me out of my apartment in Boston and over the next few days (seriously... all weekend long) unpacked.

I don't think that I will ever have to go shopping again, because after looking at the amount of clothes that I have... it's a little nauseating. Actually, unpacking all of the clothes was the nauseating part. I can now say that I unpacked six suitcases, two 2-foot high boxes, a duffle bag, and a laundry basket of clothes.

The unpacked suitcases waiting to be hauled off to his parent's house:

Just to give you an idea, this is our closet. What belongs to The Boy? The six or so shirts hanging on the left of the closet, the gray sneakers below them, and the baseball glove on the top shelf:

Left side- Bri. Right side, floor, and top shelf- Katie. Doesn't look too terrible, right?
Ah, let me give you a side view, down the closet, as well:
I know. It's bad. He has no clothes in there yet either.

I've worked so hard to get our room put together, and it's finally just about there. He still has to hang my mirrors, picture frames, his beloved autographed Jon Lester poster, shelves, etc., but other than that, we're just about done (thank goodness).

The view from the door (closet's to the left and behind me):

View from in front of the closet:

I've done laundry and made grocery lists all day, so I'm pumped to head to the store when he gets home from work and pick up everything for our dinners this week. Right now, since I have a lull before classes start, it kind of feels like I'm playing house every day. I wake up in the morning and make The Boy's lunch, then get up/straighten up/clean/do laundry, then just kind of wait for him to get home to start our evening.

Now that I read back on this, my last week or so sounds dreadfully boring. Still reading?

I head back to school a week from today (or tomorrow. Or possibly yesterday. I should probably check that out...), and I have to say that I'm pretty excited about that. I bought my new notebooks this weekend and have my new school bag... I'm ready to start this semester and finish up school forever!!

One thing that I'm really excited about for this blog is posting pictures of what I cook. I have SOO many recipes that I'm going to be trying, and I love reading cooking blogs and seeing the pictures that Bloggers post of their cooking adventures, so I figured what could be more fun than posting my own stuff? Plus, it's almost the fall and I have to admit that there are few things that make me happier than good, hearty, cold weather food.

I'm still training for my half marathon, but I'm going to be picking a spring date, as opposed to the October 4th date that I had previously been working towards. I've hurt my knee recently and it's taking a long time to get back into a rhythm. It's so frustrating, because I can have the best workout and run for 5 or 6 miles, then wake up the next day with absolutely horrible pains in my right knee.

My goal is to update at least every other day, since this is a big way for me to keep the family updated. I'm off to get ready and fold a load of laundry.

And P.S., for anyone who may be interested-- Delilah has adjusted very well and is loving her new home.


**update**
I just uploaded all of my pictures and boy, does it look plain (and a bit messy). Clothes on the bed, thigns on the floor, boxes still unpacked... Like I said though, I'm getting there. Pictures, for sure, when everything's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment