one month (and one day) away from valentine's day!

It's official y'all. I'm goin' stir crazy. I have run out of things to do in this condo all day long.

Someday, when I'm a mama, I for sure would love (if we're blessed with the right circumstances) to be able to stay home with my babies. I've heard that that's a job all on its own, but at least I would be BUSY. I have cleaned, baked, organized, cleaned up the kitchen, planned recipes for the next week and a half, run through my blogs... and it's only 1:41pm. I need this job asap. I gotta get out of here.

Also, this whole being stuck inside all day thing does not support interesting blog material. The Boy and I are heading to the gym this evening and then back home to make BLTs and tomato soup for supper. I might be saving all of my points today to spend on that tomato soup (with crushed up saltines, of course) by itself. I am snacking on a nice bag of broccoli with a 1/4 cup of part-skim mozzarella cheese.

It's amazing what thinking of what you're putting into your body does to you. My mindset has completely changed. Doing the whole Weight Watchers deal, where you write down every. single. thing. that you put into your mouth. It really brought to attention not only the portion sizes that I was eating but also all of the mindless snacking. I'd walk into the kitchen and have a few crackers, a tiny piece of cheese, a fruit cup, etc. (not all at once, but spread throughout the day)... that all adds up. I'm becoming very obsessive about it, in a good way. I've learned to eat zero/low point snacks instead of just not eating (like I did before), eating high fiber vegetables with meals (to fill me up, instead of having the carbs/starches)... and it feels so good.

In other thoughts...

One month from tomorrow is Valentine's Day!! I am THE holiday nerd who just gets beyond excited for holidays such as Valentine's Day... I love to do the baking and the decorating and buying the gifts and making homemade stuff... I feel excited just talking about it. I've already got ideas going for The Boy's gifts and surprises... and I love that. I feel like there are only a few days/holidays each year when a surprise for a significant other can really be justified, and I mean really-- when the day revolves around pastel-colored candies and flowers and cupids, surprises and sweet stuff are just an understood necessity. I love Valentine's Day for all of these reasons... and this one:



I haven't been this excited for a movie in a really long time. I mean, just look at the cast! The Boy has already agreed to go see it with me-- I mean, really. A boy can't complain when the female cast consists of Anne Hathaway, Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba and Jennifer Garner, a boy can't complain about being dragged to the movie.

I've just gotten myself way too excited about Valentine's Day and am off to search for recipes and ideas. I'll start saving the points for VDay treats now...

No comments:

Post a Comment