ABCs of ME!!

Because I totally hop on the bandwagon of whatever might be popular in the blog world, I've decided to post the ABCs of ME!!

I know, I know. I'm the most fascinating person and you're on the edge of your seat waiting to read all about me, right?. Well, in as non-conceited of a way as this can possibly sound... I love talking about myself (And seriously? Don't make that face. People have blogs because they like to talk about themselves... and then they have kids and talk about them, but until them, it's all about me/you, baby), so this was way easy for me to do.

A. Age: 25

B. Bed size: Queen! We just made our first big joint purchase and splurged on a new mattress and boxspring for our bed and it is HEA-VEN. Our previous mattress was the dinky Ikea one that I bought when I first moved to Boston... almost four years ago. It was time. It is thick and firm and... tall. Very very tall. My feet dangle when I'm not posing on the bed! Whatevs-- it's fabulous.

C. Chore you hate: Scrubbing the shower. We have a stand-up shower with some weirdly textured, moody floor that gets gross if it's not scrubbed at least once a week (and sprayed with cleanser after it's used), in addition to three walls of tile (um, forget you, nasty grout) and a glass door that gets scummy after one shower. The only thing I've found that works is Kaboom shower cleaner, which requires both bathroom doors to be open, fans to be turned on, and usually ends in me speaking gibberish on the bathroom floor after inhaling the fumes. It's not pretty, y'all.

D. Dogs: I may say the biggest reason I can't wait to get our own place is so that we can really have our own space and such (which is true)... but it's really because I can't wait to get a dog. I miss my Lucy girl at home in Texas terribly:

Yes, that sweet thing has one brown eye, one blue eye, loves to be dried with a blow dryer after a good bath, is afraid of her own shadow, enjoys long walks through the neighborhood, and sleeps in bed with her head on the pillow next to anyone who'll let her. Love her to pieces.

E. Essential start to your day: Since I've gotten all healthy and such, breakfast is so important. Greek yogurt and fruit, an egg and turkey bacon on a sandwich thin or in a wrap if I have time... regardless, if I don't have breakfast, I'm FAMISHED by like 11. And coffee. It's bad. If I don't have a morning coffee, I'm out for the count... also by 11.

F. Favorite color: Green, from key lime to emerald.

G. Gold or silver: Silver.

H. Height: 5'7.

I. Instruments you play: I proudly rocked the cello and clarinet all throughout middle school. It was fun, and I thought was SO COOL, toting my cello to the bus, wearing my orchestra polo to school on performance days... sometimes ignorance is bliss. I'd still love to learn to play the piano, and I swear it's not too late.

J. Job title: Administrative associate, administrative assistant... cookie buyer, conference room booker. I rock it.

K. Kids: None, but I definitely want children in my life when the time is right!!

L. Live: Right outside of Boston, but my heart will always be in Texas :)

M. Mom's name: Janice Marie

N. Nicknames: My full name is Katherine, so Katie has always been my big nickname. Kate, Katya... nothing too exciting.

O. Overnight hospital stays: Zero, knock on wood.

P. Pet peeve: Having to listen to people eat, the sound of an eating utensil scraping against plastic, when people clear their throat or sniffle instead of coughing or blowing their nose-- just get it out, y'all!!, when people take up good treadmills so they can read a magazine while chatting on their iPhone and texting on their BB and watching the TV. Excuse me, but I have a fanny to continue to run off, if you'd kindly relocate to your couch, pleasekthanks.

Q. Quote from a movie:

The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize. -Steel Magnolias

A ho! A ho! My dad's been captured by a ho! -Sleepless in Seattle

Oh my God, I shot my eye out! - A Christmas Story

R. Righty or Lefty: Righty.

S. Siblings: Clint, my younger brother:

T. Time you wake up: If I'm working out before work, I'm up at 5 and at the gym by 5:30; if it's a regular morning, I'm up by about 6:15. On the weekends, I'm at the gym by 7:30 on Saturday, and let myself sleep in on Sundays.

U. Underwear: Woo! TMI for this blog. I shall just say it all depends on the outfit.

V. Vegetables you dislike: I'm not a huge squash fan, unless there's lots of butter and brown sugar.

W. What makes you run late:
Bad hair days, "fat days" when NOTHING fits or looks right... I'm not a fan of running late, so I try not to unless it's beyond my control... like a fat day

X. X-rays you’ve had: A handful. I sprained my collar bone when I was three and actually vividly remember having X-rays done. I also sprained my ankle pretty good during a step class in high school and had them done for that little incident.

Y. Yummy food you make: I make a pretty mean pasta sauce and my Nana's lasagna and meatballs, as taught by my Daddy, always get rave reviews.

Z. Zoo animal favorite: Elephants and gorillas, although I'm not a fan of zoos in general.

Now what about you? Tell me a yummy food that you make and your least favorite chore!

No comments:

Post a Comment