Paula Deen's Spinach and Bacon Quiche

Ladies (and gents?), I advise you to right this very second through all waistlines to the wind and make this quiche. It will change your life (and the number on your scale), but when the lady with a deep fryer in her kitchen island sends a recipe such as this out into the world, it is our duty to create and share the wealth.

source

As part of Kelly's Show Us Your Life series, I've decided to throw my hat into the breakfast recipe ring with a quiche. Quiche is one of my favorite dishes for the following reasons:
-It can be made ahead of time
-After baking, it transports well
-It can be a breakfast/brunch/lunch/dinner food
-It combines a handful of my favorite food groups: carbs, cheese, meat

This particular quiche was my contribution to The Boyfriend's family Easter brunch this year and, not to toot my own horn or anything, but there may have been fights for the leftovers. It's THAT tasty.

Paula Deen's Spinach and Bacon Quiche
(via The Food Nework)

Prep Time: 15 min; Cook Time: 45 min
Servings: 8

6 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
salt and pepper
2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor (Note: I just whipped it all in a bowl and it came out just fine). Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set.



Ohhh yum. I wish I had a photo of my own quiche, but Paula's will have to do. Seriously-- do me a favor and make this pronto. Just don't blame me when your jeans are a tad bit snug the next day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I do love that! I've made it twice and it is the best! I agree with everything you said!
    Gretchan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this sounds SO good! I'm blog hopping from Kellyskorner. Am now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete