it's just one of those days...

Today is just one of those days. By 7:50am, I had already cried twice and should have known that I needed to just crawl back into bed, except that Wednesdays are Brian's day to work from home and I quite honestly just need some personal me time all by myself.

I wrote that first paragraph around 9 this morning. As far as I was concerned, my day was completely wrecked. I slept through my alarm and missed my morning run which threw me off for everything else-- packing my lunch, ironing a top that did NOT look as good on my body as it had in my mind the night before, changing clothes, finding an old textbook to ship off, DESPISING the humidity (it is astounding here today- speaks volumes for my mood), my coffee order messed up, I missed my bus... seriously, if it could go wrong today, it happened to me.

My fellow bad-dayer Caitlin and I commiserated at work about our mutual feelings of "HOW CAN THE DAY BE THIS BAD SO EARLY?!" and then things kind of started to look up. I'm working on starting up a little side business, but it's very much on the DL for the moment... as in only Brian, my parents, and Caitlin (thanks for the advice!) now know about it. It's in the VERY early stages, so I'm waiting to share the news until I really get my feet under me. Anywho, I've had a big weight on my shoulders regarding a project and knew that it had come to the point where I had to make a decision. I did, and the day started to look up. My Mama got a phone call and a big vent session, I contentedly drank my large (incorrect yet tasty) coffee, got a good chunk of work done, and picked up Subway for lunch.

After throwing my little hissy fit this morning (there were tears, twice, before Brian drove me to the train. Yea.), I reminded myself that my vow for this week had been not to complain. Considering I failed miserably at that task, I aimed to put it all in perspective:

wrong coffee order = new drink combo I'd have never tried
changing clothes = bringing backup outfit to new outfit to work... and being ok with it
not having time to pack a full lunch = a delightful lunch from subwayeatfresh
forgetting to take out the ground beef for dinner = Brian taking it out and MAKING dinner
frustration with lack of work clothes options = a stop at the mall post-work to seriously shop
missing my morning run = running after the mall and tiring myself out
tiring myself out = a (much needed) good night's sleep

See? Perspective. I'm usually very reluctant to view perspective opposite of my own, but today I relented. For the sake of all co-workers, this is a good thing.

My plan for the evening is to head to the mall for a little retail therapy, to the gym for a good run, then back to the condo where burgers and sweet potato fries will (hopefully) be waiting for me.

'Til later, my lovelies! We're almost through the week :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that perspective is exactly what we make of it!! And for taking part in a kitchen bitch session... now if only B would stop walking in and getting all judgey with his massive protein shake! I mean, um... it's nice to have him there to make us stop bitching. ;)

    ReplyDelete