You like me! You really like me! Liebster Award.

Y'all.  I have been nominated for my first blogger award, a Liebster!  



This is fab (and kind of sad) because in order to be nominated you have to have under 200 followers (sad face) BUT since you have to be nominated by a fellow blogger, it means you must be doing something right with your writing because people are a'reading (happy face!!).  The lovely Brianna at My Life Would Suck Without Me threw a nomination my way and I am more than happy and excited to accept and play along with the rules!




The Rules:

1.  Share 11 facts about myself
2. Answer questions from my nominator
3. Nominate bloggers (with less than 200 followers) for the award
4. Create questions for nominees to answer
5. And when the nominee is finished, you must link it back to me (as I did above) in your blog post


11 Facts about [ME]

1. I can speak sentences backwards, from the last letter of each word to the first. 
Ex: I am going to  the park today. = I ma gniog ot eht krap yadot.
It's a fun party trick.
2. I'm pretty double-jointed.  When I give a thumbs up, it resembles a tabletop.
3. I love to cook but hate to bake.  All of the measuring and timing and patience... not for me!
4. Layovers in airports are my thing.  People-watching + uninterrupted reading time + pass-the-time drinks?  Sign me up!
5. I have an irrational fear of deep water and whales.
6. I was on the dance team in high school.  In Texas.  Think sequined cowgirl hats, tasseled white leather cowboy (dance) boots, petticoats, and big hair.
7. I never ever do my hair and makeup to go out without being accompanied by a glass of wine.  Hairspray, curling irons, mascara and pinot grigio = perfection.  And that curl that just won't curl right is so less of a big deal when buffered by the vino.
8. Stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx stress me out.  I just do not have the patience to sort through racks and racks of clothes with the potential to maybe find ONE good option that works. 
9. I'm currently training to run the same marathon for the first time... for the second year in a row (hey hey NYC and your 2012 cancellation!).
10. I'm pretty obsessive about certain things.  Our apartment is always neat and put together-- a random nickle on the floor will bug the bejeezus out of me until it's picked up.  And then I vacuum.  I wipe the bathroom counters and mirror down every morning, post-shower.  The bed is made every day, pillows are fluffed on the couch... I swear when I lived alone in a boyless apartment, I didn't have all of this maintenance to look after.  Totally worth the adjustment though :)
11. My ultimate dream is to become a novelist so I can work from my adorable office in my future dream house, and when I become a mom someday the little ones will hang with me.  And I totally want to be the obnoxious mom who jogs with three kids in jogging stroller, makes homemade Valentines, and has creative, healthy snacks every day after school.  I have no shame in my future-mama game.  And yes, you current moms are free to laugh at my naivety.


Brianna's Questions for Me

1. What song/movie inspires you?    Would it be totally corny if I said "Lean On Me" with Morgan Freeman is completely inspiring?  I sob my eyes out every time I watch it.  'Tis from the 80s, if you're unfamiliar.  The song?  "Defying Gravity" from Wicked: 

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same 
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing 
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

Holy tears.  Love that song!

2. Do you have a favorite saying or slogan you always turn to?    You've gotta let it rain before you can see the rainbows!
3. What is your dream car?    I would totally drive the Mercedes Mom Mobile, the big SUV that is anti-soccer mom.  And I mean I'd drive it now, just for kicks.
4. What is one of your worst fears that you've been able to overcome?    I used to be absolutely terrified of meeting new people.  Between my current job and moving to a new city on my own when I was 21, I've evolved into much more of an outgoing, fun, chatty person.  This is huge, compared to the quiet, overly shy, awkward girl I once was!
5. What is your dream job?     I aim to be a published author some day, as a fun on-the-side type of thing.  Career-wise, I would love to own an event planning business.
6. When you have a few spare hours in your day, however occasional it may be, what do you find yourself doing?    If I have extra time and haven't worked out yet for the day, I try to get to the gym.  Otherwise, I'm in yoga pants on the couch with a magazine while watching something from the DVR.
7. What's your favorite childhood memory?    Going to visit my Dad's family in Connecticut when I was 5.  It's the first time I remember snow, and my aunt who has since passed away.  It's a very warm, happy memory for me, and I love that it's about my family.
8. What is one random thing that you cannot live without?    It would probably be this old, old doll that I've had forever-- BlueBaby.  It's silly, but I would be heartbroken if I ever lost him or if something happened to him.
9. Dogs or cats?    I would love to have a dog, but our apartment space just doesn't allow it right now.  I grew up with both and would honestly love to have one of each.
10. Why do you blog?     It started as a little way to journal every day but slowly grew into a really fun way to share stories and pictures with my family back in Texas.  It's also such a great way to connect with people-- I've become "friends" with people who have completely similar interests and are at the same point in their lives, single gals who absolutely crack me up, and ladies who have been married for several years and have multiple kids.  Love that!

And the nominees are...
1. Caitlin @ The Caitie Experiement 
2. Jen @ Jen the Newlywed
3. Lauren @ My Crazy Life
4. Kaci @ Kaci Scarlet

Questions for those Nominees
1. What is your favorite song of the moment? 
2. Describe the best day of your life in 10 words or less.
3. What's one dream, hobby or interest you've always dreamed of pursuing?
4. What are you currently reading?
5. You have one full day completely to yourself with no obligations-- what do you do to fill the time?
6. Why did you start blogging?
7. What is your favorite thing about your favorite person?
8. Who would play you in a movie?
9. If you could be a fly on anyone's wall, dead or alive, famous or not, who would it be?
10. Do you have a secret shame?  You know, that one party trick you can pull out to impress people?





Alright friends-- have at it!  It's so nice to see a loyal little fanbase growing-- nothing really boosts me up in my writing more!  Have a wonderful weeked, lovelies!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you accepted and continued! :)

    And I was totally on our dance team in high school, complete with sequined dresses, cowboy hates, and tasseled boots! Oh goodness, the memories!! Ahahaha!

    ReplyDelete