Because Super Bowl is obviously all about the food...

Since neither my team (Dallas Cowboys, obviously) or Brian's team (the Pats BOOOO) are going to the Super Bowl this year, we don't really have too terribly much planned for the big day.  We've decided that rather than sitting at home, eating dip and day-drinking alone, we're going to go to his parents house... to eat dip and day-drink TOGETHER.  

See what I did there?  

Brian gets really annoyed when I root for teams based solely on completely irrelevant reasons, including but not limited to the following:

1. I look way better in the color purple than maroon and gold, so I'm rooting for the Ravens.
2. "Kaepernick" seems like he would have kind of a big ego, so I can't root for the 49ers.
3. Because I'm a Cowboys fan, I can't root for the 49ers.
4. I like Baltimore because San Francisco seems like it would be hot.  
5. This guy is the cutest Ravens fan ever-- the deal is sealed:

Football season is one of my favorite times of the year solely because of the food (hi, my name's Katie and I'm a foodaholic).  When else can you justify eating breakfast sausage mixed with Rotel and added to melted Velveeta?  What other event gives you reason to throw dips into your cart with indulgent names like "Caramelized Sweet Onion" which you'll happily scoop up with sweet potato chips.  

Obviously my Super Bowl menu has been in the forefront of my thoughts.  The current top contenders, thanks to Pinterest, include 

Jalapeno Popper Dip
Source: noblepig.com via Katie on Pinterest



Sausage Balls.  My favorite.  Ever.  WITH CREAM CHEESE.



Soft Pretzel Bites... 
and I might add cheese sauce for dipping.



AND... these little babies:


Just kidding on that one.  Ain't nobody got time for that!


What are YOUR plans for Super Bowl Sunday?  Is your team playing in the game, or are you also cheering because you look better wearing one color over the other?  Dip and sausage balls justify wearing yoga pants and Uggs... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment