Five on Friday

This seems to be the only thing that gets me to blog these days, but oh well-- I'll take it and run with it!

one. no snow!!
For the first time in an entire month, there is ZERO snow in the forecast for tomorrow!  It will still be frigid, of course, but there will be no snow falling from the sky, and for that I am grateful!  There may still be multiple feet of snow on the ground outside, which likely won't melt until May, but this is all that I can picture when I think of "no snow." 

two. make the house OUR home!
Last Sunday we painted our master bedroom Benjamin Moore "Revere Pewter" and I am in love with the way it changed the feel of our room!  Our new king mattress and box spring will be delivered on Monday morning (squee!) and now our mission is finding new furniture for the room.  We've decided to make the best of not being able (or wanting) to get out much with the cold weather and just paint everything that we want to in the house, so tomorrow we tackle our guest bath and the office.  As I've stated before, I'm a pretty #basicbitch, so I tend to lean towards the greige colors for rooms-- simple, classic, can pair anything in the room with the walls and they'll be complemented.  Well, I'm taking a big step out of my comfort zone and painting the office NAVY BLUE.  I can't wait.  It's Sherwin Williams "Naval" and I think it will look fantastic with the white trim/crown molding and the dark hardwoods in the room.  Our downstairs half bath already has white beadboard around the bottom half of the room, so I'm thinking the navy will look great in contrast.  I'm taking lots of pics as we go and am thinking I might designate a day each week to share the updates we're making!  

Below are a couple of homes that have used "Naval" in an office and half bath-- I can't wait :)


three. sunday brunch
One of our favorite weekend traditions is brunch on Sundays.  Now, I love a good brunch out at a restaurant (Bloody Mary bar, por favor), but there's also something super relaxing and comforting about waking up, making a special breakfast, brewing coffee (Brian loves to pull out his French press, and I don't complain!) and mixing up a batch of your own breakfast cocktails (that's a thing, right?).  Brian's favorite breakfast is Eggs Benedict, so I think I might attempt that this weekend as a special treat, as long as he makes the batch of Bloodys, yes?

four. it's all about the hair
I have an entire Pinterest board by this exact name, devoted to any and all things hair-related.  For basically the entire year leading up to the wedding, I would get a small trim to keep things healthy and growing, but aside from that, we let it grow.  When Brian and I went home in January, I chopped off a good six inches and while it was definitely shorter and healthier, it still feels so long.  By the way, have I ever mentioned that my hair stylist is the only person who has ever cut my hair?  As in, since I was in 4th grade and started regularly getting a trim/blowdry/style.  She introduced me to the wonders of the CHI, did my hair for all high school occasions, and taught me how to tease it to Jesus and curl it like a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader (per my request).  She is my hair savior, and few things more like home than sitting in her chair with a Diet Vanilla Coke from Sonic and chatting away while she makes me feel human again.  Anyways, I can't help but admit that I'm itching to possibly chop just a little bit more off for the spring/summer.


five. HOME
Next Saturday morning, I will be cozied down on my flight HOME for a long weekend.  I cannot wait.  We were just home in January but sometimes you just need your (original) people.  Yes, Brian and Molly are my people/dog now, but Mama, Daddy and my not-so-little brudder will ALWAYS be my original people!  My mom has already cleaned my bedroom and my dad has stocked up on my favorite wine, and we have the menus planned for every night that I'm there.  I'll be there through Tuesday morning, so I'm looking forward to coffee on the back porch with my dad and continuing on my mani/pedi tradition with mom.  Home is good for the soul!

Happy Friday, lovelies!

2 comments:

  1. My sister is a hairstylist and I am always sending her pictures of hairstyles that I love...but then the day comes to do one and I get too chicken to do them!

    I've never made Eggs Benedict, but definitely one of my favorite breakfast foods! Enjoy your bloody mary, I'm hoping for a mimosa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL now that the cat's outta the bag about us buying a house, TELL ME about this navy blue wall! I really want to do our great room/family room dark navy with light furniture and trim. Tell all. Spill. (Please :P)

    ReplyDelete