Five on Friday

Happy Friday, friends!  Let's hop right to this, shall we?

one. paint crazy 
After painting our front door last weekend, I decided to use some of my free time during the day to tackle painting our main bathroom.  Our house doesn't have a master bath, just a larger shared bathroom upstairs, and it was painted an awful tan color.  The previous owners also laid beige tile and a small blue tile pattern on the floor.  Not much makes sense in this house, particularly their design choices and the clash of it all was driving me crazy.  It's the only bathroom in our house with a shower/tub, so any overnight guests will be seeing it, too.  After lots of debate, I took to Instagram with my narrowed down paint choices and with lots of input (y'all are the best), I finally decided on "Tranquil Pond" by Behr.  It's a darker blue and much darker than I would think that I like in a bathroom, but the room has good light and already has great white molding and wainscoting, so it really makes the blue pop.  Here's my little before and after: 
Next up, the living room!

two. summertime = grilling time
We brought our new grill home a few weeks ago (it's basically a new homeowner's right of passage, right?) and have used it every single day, save for the couple of days that it poured and was freezing cold.  Actually, on the first night that it rained, we already had dinner prepped and ready to grill, so we went back and forth in the rain as I held the umbrella over him (#winningatwifeing).  It's our new little routine every night, to hang out on the deck with Molly while he grills and I man the sides and it's been pretty much perfection.

three. doggie play dates
When we adopted Molly, the people at the shelter warned us that she can get really worked up around other dogs and that she tends to be super protective around her food/treats.  We've passed dogs on walks and have driven past them and whenever we do, she absolutely loses her mind.  We have family and friends with dogs and want to be able to have them over to our house and go to theirs and not worry about her freaking out.  The tough part was, we didn't know if she was worked up "Let's play!" or worked up "I want to tear you apart."  My wonderful friend Jeannette volunteered to bring her super sweet dog, Sasha, over last Friday for a meet-and-greet... and they passed with flying colors!  Y'all, I was so happy.  They first met through our chainlink gate, then Sasha came into the yard and they ran and chased each other for two solid hours.  It was the best thing, and I could tell that Molly had such a good time (that might be the most dog-mom thing I have ever said).  So, this was a great start to doggie friendships and we hope that we can work up to the point of taking her to the beach.

four. wedding season 
I feel like so many people complain about wedding season, having weekends filled with showers/parties/the weddings themselves, the money you spend on gifts, etc.  Well, call me crazy but I stinking LOVE weddings.  I mean, ours was obviously my favorite, but there has been something special that I've taken away from every single wedding that we've been to, and there's something so neat about watching your people exchange vows and join The Marriage Club.  And honestly, that's the season that we're in with friends and family right now, and I feel like it will go by so fast-- before we know it, our weekends will be filled with baby showers and bouncy-house birthday parties, so I'm going to go ahead and continue cheersing to the champagne toasts and boogeying to "Shout!" on the dance floor.  We have weddings three consecutive weekends in late October/early November (my favorite time of year AND our wedding anniversary-- perfection) and I already can't wait.

five. weekend relaxation
We have zero plans for this weekend and for that, I am happy.  I'm cleaning house today (my new Friday normal) then treating myself to my first mani/pedi in a month (praise Jesus) and we're meeting Brian's dad for dinner at a restaurant on the water tonight (yes, yes please!).  Tomorrow and we have basic errands and some yardwork, and I'm painting the shed door red, but other than that, we plan for lots of grilling time and outside happy hours.  My favorite way to spend the weekends for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment