Week 19 Bumpdate

Call me slacker mom-to-be but I missed the 18 week update - whoops! Life has been busy with my parents in town, and after being off of work for a week, I just didn't find the time to blog. So, we're back with 19 weeks - time is flying, y'all!

How Far Along? 19 weeks, 3 days

Musings on the Weekly Photo: 



It took me a minute to realize that my shirt was not playing games, and that is, in fact, a bump.


Sex: If you follow me on Instagram then you might already know, but for those of you that don't... 

IT'S A GIRL!!

We are so over the moon excited to have a sweet baby girl on the way. Full disclosure, I was totally convinced that this little one was a boy. Convinced to the point that when we opened the envelope results from our genetic testing and the "It's a Girl!" option was circled, I wasn't sure how to react. But by the time we sat down to dinner that night, I had my girl name lists out and was dreaming of pink and bows... and I haven't slowed down since. We do have a name picked out but I'm leaning towards keeping that quiet for now. It's amazing to be able to refer to the baby as "she" instead of "it" and Brian and I have been calling her by her name all week at home, which just makes my heart so full and happy. I can't wait to meet this little girl and to see what amazing things her life has in store for her! She is already so very, very loved and adored.

Weight Gain: Up 9 pounds total.

Maternity Clothes: I made the jump to maternity jeans... and I'm not looking back. My mom snagged a skinny dark denim pair at Target and I picked up a pair at Old Navy, marked way way down. They're both full panel (all of the praise hands for the comfort that these two pairs of jeans are...) so I'm hoping that between these and leggings, I won't need to invest in too many more pairs of pants (aside from work pants). Still wearing normal tops, although flowy feels better than snug right now (I think because I haven't officially "popped" yet), and my Target tanks are still making the rounds. Loving my GapBody long sleeve tees with maxi skirts, especially now that the weather is cooling down a bit. It's fun dressing this growing bump, and I'm totally embracing it! Still can't wait to get home at the end of the day and jump into something even more comfy, though.

Baby's the size of... : This week SHE is the size of a mango! Or a hedgehog, or Gameboy - take your pick. Loving the mango, though - from frozen mango to mango salsa, I can't get enough this pregnancy!

Nursery: We have appointments lined up for a few contractors to give estimates on redoing the closet, which is VERY exciting. We're stopping by a PBK to take one final look at the crib and rocker, then are making moves with those too, and Sunday (our first free weekend day in weeks) we're finally testing paint samples. September will bring lots of changes here, and I can't wait to start to see my ideas coming into shape, especially now that we have touches of sweet pink to add.
 
Movement: I think that I feel her every now and then... but I'm not totally sure. Sometimes I feel what is like my stomach growling, but different, and other time little rumbles that start and stop. What the heck am I feeling for ladies?! During our 19 week ultrasound, she was moving CONSTANTLY, and the tech told me that once I can really determine her movement, that she'll be the baby who never stops. I can't WAIT for that! We definitely have a little soccer playing dancer in there though - so active!

Symptoms: Restless legs are really flaring up at night, and I've started to swell a tiny bit if I'm on my feet for too long. Tiredness is getting better, although I'm always ready for bed. 

Brian: Still amazing. I've been super emotional this week while my family was here (and when they left), he's been so comforting and supportive. We've also been working on the registry which is fun! And I can't stop smiling at the thought of him with a little girl. We were watching the women's golf events during the Olympics and he said multiple times how that will be our girl someday. Too cute.

Sleep: Still great. I'm a back sleeper and am trying to teach myself to sleep on my side as much as possible, but it doesn't seem to be interfering with my sleep! Up once a night for a bathroom break and I'm constantly hot, but aside from that, I can't complain.

Workouts: No specific workouts, but tons of walking while out and about with my parents sightseeing and playing tourist for a few days. Does a solid hour of dancing at a wedding count, too? I vote yes.

Cravings: Nothing too crazy this week. Cheddar cheese with fruit. Breakfast casserole and homemade biscuits (on the menu for Saturday morning). Wanting a Chick-fil-a sandwich like nobody's business. Frozen grapes and cold oranges. Homemade mac and cheese. 

Aversions: The smell of cigarette smoke. Chicken breast that's not cooked so much it's nearly burnt. 

New Symptoms: My stomach is crazy itchy, and the restless legs are out of control.

Annoyances: The heat was driving me nuts, but it's finally cooled down. Any clothes that are too snug. A messy house - I'm constantly going behind Brian and Molly to pick up messes and sweeping/vacuuming like crazy.

What I Miss: All together now - WINE! 

Best Moment This Week: Without a doubt, seeing our baby girl on the ultrasound and getting to follow along through the anatomy scan to hear that she's healthy as can be. It was amazing to have my parents here with us for the last week and a half too. They can drive me crazy but there's nothing like having mom and dad around, and seeing their excitement about having a granddaughter was just the best. And our gender reveal! And choosing things for the registry! It's just been a really sweet, blessed time around here, and I'm so very thankful for every minute of it.

Looking Forward To: Celebrating Brian's grandmother's 90th birthday on Saturday, and relaxing around the house on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your baby girl! Finding out the gender is so exciting. It's nice to be able to stop calling the baby "it" or "the baby." We started referring to our son by his name when we found out his gender too and it was a great feeling. It helps you feel connected before they're born. Now, he's already 1.5 years old!

    ReplyDelete