Week 23 Bumpdate

How Far Along? 23 weeks!

Musings on the Weekly Photo: 



I'm feeling more pregnant this week. Also, shoutout to the weird donut stomach issue that appears to be going on - that's not awkward AT ALL.

Sex: Girl

Weight Gain: To the surprise of everyone, I actually lost weight while I was in Texas this past weekend, so I'm back at 14 pounds total. 

Maternity Clothes: Living in anything elastic waist. Basic tees are my favorite, especially the Gap PureBody line (the black tee in this pic is one of them). They're super comfortable and stretch to fit my bump but keep their shape - win! We have an event this Saturday night that is "cocktail attire," so while I'm dreading it, I bit the bullet and ordered a maternity dress from Gap and another non-maternity but bump-friendly option from Old Navy. We'll see how that goes. 


Baby's the size of... : A grapefruit/Barbie doll! We've officially hit a foot long and weighing in at 1.10 pounds. Something about hitting a pound makes things feel so much more real.

Nursery: I made my master list yesterday of things we need to buy, and October 8 
(our next free weekend - craziness) will be an epic shopping/ crown molding install weekend.

Movement: ALL OF THE TIME. Based on how active this babe has been at all of our ultrasounds, the doctors have been telling me that once I feel her move, it will be constant. It is, and I love it. Brian felt her move for the first time on Saturday morning, and I'll never forget the look on his face. Now he acts like an old pro - "Felt that one. Yep, felt it again." She really put on a show for my parents this weekend while we were in Texas, and they were over the moon to get to feel her little kicks. 

Symptoms: I had my first bout of swelling on our flight from Boston to Dallas last weekend. Let me tell you, that is NOT sexy. At all. I was really good about drinking water, moving around, flexing/moving my feet/legs even when I was sitting. And then I stood up once we landed and were waiting to get off the plane, and noticed Brian staring at my feet. I looked down and I kid you not, I felt like I was in that scene in The Nutty Professor where Eddie Murphy's body starts randomly blowing up. It took a solid two days for the swelling to go down, and I haven't had issues with it since. But seriously-- that is insane. Also struggling with allergies/congestion this week - super stuffy nose, insane sinus pressure, really bad headaches. I've always been really good about getting more than enough water in, but I have an insatiable thirst this week. I could drink a liter of water and still be thirsty - is that a symptom?

Brian: He was so excited to feel Little Miss moving around, and it was great having him there to say hi to everyone at the end of my shower, and go through our gifts together. He knows I've been feeling a little worn out this week and is great at stepping up to help - cooking dinner, helping with laundry, taking over Molly duty. He's also still REAL excited about his nursery projects - I'll let him run with that one.

Sleep: Eh, here and there. I'm still adjusting to not sleeping on my back, and have actually woken up on my stomach a number of times. Molly has also been having insane struggles with allergies and wakes up throughout the night... and of course I wake up with her. The vet prescribed her Benadryl which has knocked her out into doggie dreamland, so I finally got a good night's sleep last night. Still waking up to pee at least once

Workouts: A good long walk in Texas but LORDY it was hot outside. We've been so all over the place this week, this just hasn't happened - I have good weeks and bad weeks, but at least I'm trying!

Cravings: Tart lemonade. Tomato soup. Turkey sandwiches. Those gross pink and white frosted circus animal cookies (I KNOW). Tzatziki sauce - Greek for supper tonight! Bananas. So many cravings were satisfied while I was home - queso + chips, sausage balls, Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets, kolaches, Bluebell Banana Pudding ice cream (have mercy).

Aversions/Dislikes: Raw chicken, cigarette smoke, Greek yogurt, Swiss cheese 

Annoyances: That I can't take much of anything for these awful headaches and sinus issues. Bad flights (there was a lot of prayer involved, flying from Dallas back to Boston on Monday). 

What I Miss: I was missing having a glass of wine with my dad while I was home, but aside from that, I can't think of too many things this week!

Best Moment This Week: My amazing baby shower! Seeing all of my family and best girlfriends. Brian and my parents feeling the baby move. All in all, it was a good one.

Looking Forward To: A cold front this weekend! Bring on the fall decor and good comfort food. Oh, and my Old Navy maternity yoga pants should be delivered tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure I'll just be living in those, forever and ever.

1 comment:

  1. I asked my doctor awhile ago about sleeping - I am a life long stomach sleeper so it's been really hard for me to switch, too. He basically was like, "Look, if you end up on your stomach, so what? If it hurts or is uncomfortable, you'll adjust position or wake up. If you're comfortable, you'll sleep. Sleep is the primary goal here." It let me take a deep breath about it.

    I am also ALWAYS THIRSTY but force myself to stop hydrating by like, 9 pm so I won't pee eighty million times overnight.

    ReplyDelete