so nice to nap.

It is SO nice to be home in the middle of the day. I am sort of soaking up all of these last days before I graduate and have to, you know... find a job and grow up. I came home, fixed a little lunch, and am curled up in my cozy bed. I plan on taking a little power nap-- thanks to a Brit Lit paper, I got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep last night. Believe me, staying awake this morning through Mathematical Thinking and Sixteenth Century Literature was just not working out all that great. I did, however, survive. After my nap, I'm thinking I'll be making a quick stop by the mall. I have a few things to return to Gap AND 30% off coupon, so I'm thinking new jeans are calling my name.

Now that I think about it, here are just a handful of the things I'm currently drooling over:


I am in. love. with this coat. I'm all about the gray or black sweaters or coats right now, worn over some type of white shirt and dark jean-- I'm lovin' it.


I've had a black wool peacoat for forever now, but I think since I've moved to the icy winter tundra of Boston, a cherry red replacement would be fitting, right?

I'm a HUGE sweater fan, and this just looks perfect for a cold, snowy day, all curled up under a blanket with a book and The Boy.

As I was saying... the black sweater with the white top. I have been on an avid hunt for a reasonably priced long black cardigan... and this just might be it.

I just love this plum color and think it'd be super cute with just jeans and boots or flats.

What can I say? I'm feelin' the flannel. The Boy is NOT a fan, but I think if he could see me in it, he'd have a different opinion. Hm... that sounded cocky. I think he just pictures a big, burly man when he thinks of plaid. Really now, though-- how stinkin' cute is this shirt?

...And this one.

I'll have to restrain myself from doing too much damage tonight. Control, Katie... it's all about control.

I just have to say that I think my mama and daddy would be proud of me. I gave up my seat this morning to an elderly woman on the train, and probably two stops later, the person that she had sat next to got off, so I took and the seat. She looked at me, smiled and said "And see? You were rewarded." It made me smile.

Also, the Santa Fe Crockpot Chicken gets BIG thumbs up. I followed the recipe pretty exactly, except that I added an additional half can of black beans, had to boil a noodle soup seasoning pack because I realized I had ZERO chicken broth, and definitely added more seasonings than just the suggested 1tsp of each. I also served it over Uncle Ben's Mexican Fiesta rice-- one of my favorite things in the world.

Tonight is leftovers, but I'm getting the menu planned for this week, so I'll post updates for that once I get them figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment