Week 15 Bumpdate

How Far Along? 15 weeks, 5 days 

Musings on the Weekly Photo: Still hesitant to share a bump pic, but I think I might be starting to see the very early stages of one!

Sex: So... the little envelope with the big boy/girl check mark is currently sitting in an envelope on our kitchen table! It came in the mail on Monday, and we nearly ripped into it but Brian was on his way out to softball, so we waited. When he got home, he told me he felt like we needed to do it big when we opened it, and that at 10pm after a softball game wasn't it. So we decided to wait until Saturday night - we're going to go somewhere nice for dinner and open it then! I'm BESIDE MYSELF and don't know how I've managed to not open it by now. Once we find out, we'll wait until our anatomy scan on 8/18 to share with our families, and then... everyone! 

Weight Gain: Up 6 pounds total.

Maternity Clothes: Loving my flowy swing dresses from Old Navy, Gap maxi skirt and a couple of basic maxi dresses (all non-maternity). I did snag a few pairs of maternity shorts and jeans with the side panel on sale at Gap, just so I'm prepared. I'm generally not a shorts fan in general, but it's been so hot I need some options when a long dress/skirt isn't going to cut it. I also pulled the trigger on a few dress options for the wedding next weekend and am hoping they're comfortable!

Fruit/Toy/Pastry of the Week: An avocado (must explain that constant avocado/guacamole craving!)/a multi-tool (boring)/eclair! Avocado is my fav pick this week.

Nursery: We're picking out paint samples this weekend and are working on clearing out the one piece of furniture in there out. Also have someone coming to look at the closet to start redesigning.
 
Movement: I thought that I felt the tiniest flutter just this morning (Wednesday, 7/27) but I'm not positive. All of my apps say movement can start anywhere from 16 weeks up to 25, depending on the mom, the way the baby's situated, etc. Is it a distinct feeling? Will I KNOW when I feel it?

Symptoms: Just trying to deal with this crazy heat wave - if I'm out in the heat too long, I definitely get cranky and tired, but... that's all of the time when I'm out in the heat haha. Everything else has been pretty standard. Waking up a couple of times a night to pee, but falling back to sleep quickly and easily. Can't get enough sleep. Restless legs have gotten a little better, and the heartburn is MUCH better. 

Brian: Still awesome. His excitement about finding out the baby's sex together and keeping it between us for a few weeks has me over the moon - it's the cutest thing ever. We also had a big party on Saturday evening after a golf tournament that he and all of his friends played in, and he kept saying how he can't wait for the baby to be a part of it all next year. He's ALWAYS the more balanced/calm of the two of us, and has been so supportive when I get overwhelmed and takes the level-headed approach to figuring all of the details out. And he took on researching the pros/cons of our top stroller and car seat picks, which is huge - that stuff stresses me out!

Love him so much.

Sleep: No complaints here. Falling back to sleep quickly after getting up to go to the bathroom, but also can't get enough sleep which is so not me - I'm usually up and going to get ready for work, and am out the door to the gym by 7am on weekends... not anymore. I'll take all of the sleep I can get, aside from naps - I've never been a napper and still struggle there.

Workouts: Big strikeout on this one. A long walk with Molly, a marathon yard work session, and my stretches (lame, but they make me feel good!). The heat definitely sidelined me on this one, and I have no regrets - I think my body needed a break because I feel so much more energized after taking a few days off and keeping cool. We're supposed to get cooler temps/lower humidity this weekend, so I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things then!

Cravings/Aversions: Guacamole. Breakfast burritos. Queso with fresh chips. Bread and dipping oil from Not Your Average Joe's (checked that one off last night). Still loving cold oranges and my La Croix/cranberry/lime mocktails. Pizza. Macaroni and cheese. Cold, garlicky pickles. It's weird though - sometimes as quickly as the cravings come, they're gone and the food immediately sounds disgusting. 

New Symptoms: Nothing new that I've noticed, aside from a possible little bump!

Annoyances: THE HEAT.

What I Miss: Still going with wine. And cold turkey sandwiches.

Best Moment This Week: I'm just having all of the happy, lovey feels about this baby. I'm feeling much better and things are getting so very real, and it's crazy to think that this time next year we'll have an almost 7 month old! Getting our envelope in the mail was also so exciting. We obviously haven't opened it yet, but we were told if we received the letter and no phone calls, then all was well on the genetic testing side, so still just thankful for this healthy little baby!

Looking Forward To: Having our big date day/night on Saturday to find out if we're having a baby boy or baby girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Basically living for these updates since you give me recommendations of foods I want to eat.... omg bread dipped in oil I NEED to action in my life.

    Do you have any guesses as to the gender? Gut feeling either way?

    ReplyDelete