Week 36 Bumpdate

How Far Along? 36 weeks, 5 days (after this week, it's a shocker that I even made it to writing an update...)

Musings on the Weekly Photo: I was holding out for a nicer picture, but I honestly feel like the way I look in this pic totally captures how I'm feeling. I could not possibly feel less attractive and LARGE at this point. Everything feels puffy and swollen, I'm wearing the same outfits on repeat, and I slept all of 4 hours last night... are we there yet? 


Sex: Girl

Maternity Clothes: I've really hit that point where I hate all of my maternity clothes. I also don't care what kind of colors/accessories/variety I can mix in. Give me my yoga pants and a stretchy, comfy top and whatever shoes will fit me, and I'm all set. We have a Christmas party tonight, then family get-togethers all weekend, and I think I'm just going to be rotating the same couple of outfits because... I can.

Baby's the size of...: A papaya or a Cabbage Patch doll. Interesting. As of my last appointment (last week) she's weighing in around 6lbs and feels like she's stretched across my entire stomach for length. Technically, she's around 19 inches.

Nursery: Done! I'm picking up a couple of photos that I had printed so Brian can hang those frames, and then we are officially all set with the sweet nursery. And I love it so, so much.

Movement: Still lots of movement, which is good. It's definitely tight quarters in there - we can see pretty much every little bump and tuck that she's doing, which is equally weird and amazing.

Symptoms: Swollen feet. Occasional heartburn. If I type too long during the day at work, my fingers get really tight and sore. Hard to catch a good breath (she's sitting high, right under my ribs), and I'm winded SO easy (I make myself take the stairs when I'm out and obviously have the stairs at home, but by the time I'm at the top I'm wheezing and gasping like I've been a chain-smoker for 30 years). Getting full really quickly at meals, and feeling nauseous if we eat too heavy/too late. Super irritable. Headaches. Nasal congestion. 

Round ligament pain deserves a post all on its own. It's nagged me here and there for the last several months, but mainly during or right after I'm super active. The last few days it has been EXCRUCIATINGLY painful. I was awake last night from 1-4am crying and trying to get comfortable and there's just no position that helps. It's insane - my doctor confirmed it's definitely RLP and said I can take Tylenol and use a heating pad on low, so I've been doing that but it's just... not helping. I was on Amazon Prime at 2am this morning ordering a belly support band at my doctor's suggestion, so fingers crossed that that helps to alleviate some of this pain.

I'm so grateful for this pregnancy, and feel SO lucky that I had such an easy first and second trimester... but this third trimester reality is something I wasn't expecting!

Brian: Love him for how hard he's trying to keep the peace. There have definitely been ragey moments where I lose my mind because the kitchen sink is dripping or Christmas tree needles are on the floor and my poor sweet husband will just say "Tell me what you need me to do to make the crazy stop." and I can't help but laugh... and then tell him what to do. With all of the pain I've been in the last few days, I've really needed him to help me (I'm talking even lifting my right leg up to get into bed - that's how painful the RLP is for me) and he's been there ready and willing to do whatever. I'm lucky to have him and know he'll be amazing by my side on delivery day.

Sleep: Awful, terrible, let's move on.

Workouts: I've been hurting too much to do anything and am stopping walking Molly alone with the roads and sidewalks periodically getting icy - she's too reactive on the leash for me to manage her. I was Googling what can help with this pain though and found several suggestions for stretches and yoga poses, as well as trying to walk as much as possible. So that's my new personal assignment, as painful as it may be. In my mind, staying totally still almost just makes it worse.

Cravings: Sausage balls (which I'm making for one of our get togethers this weekend). Breakfast casserole (merry Christmas morning to me!). Can't get enough Apricot LaCroix and icy lemon water. Grilled cheese and tomato soup. Mac & cheese.

Aversions/Dislikes: Dealing with raw chicken. Lingering smells after we cook - I feel like I can smell them across the entire house.

Annoyances: Oh, basically everything these days. Truly.

What I Miss: A good night's sleep. A glass of wine. All of my cute winter clothes. Not breaking a sweat putting on my pants and shoes.

Best Moment This Week: A good report at the doctor yesterday. Things are looking good, heartbeat was strong, and my doctor said everything looks right on schedule!

Looking Forward To: Spending our last Christmas with Brian and Molly as our little family of three and seeing Brian's extended family for the holidays this weekend. I can't wait for my parents to get here next month, and obviously we can't wait to meet our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment