Week 35 Bumpdate

How Far Along? 35 weeks

Musings on the Weekly Photo: My main thought is frequently "How can I possibly continue to get bigger over the next month?"


Sex: Girl!

Maternity Clothes: All day, every day. I have no idea how I'm going to re-enter the world of waistbands, buttons and zippers after swimming in the world of full panel stretchy goodness for the last several months.

Baby's the size of...: A bunch of carrots, a kid's backpack (?!), and a pineapple. Girlfriend is estimated to be around 18 inches long, and after our ultrasound on Thursday, my doctor is saying she weighs around 6 pounds. If she gains a 1/2 pound per week and I make it to my due date, I could birth an 8 pound baby. My head isn't ready to go there yet!

Nursery: We're hanging a few things on the wall this weekend and then we are DONE! I'm so excited and can't wait to share pictures! It's become my favorite room in the house, by far. I usually go in and rock for a few minutes in the mornings, just to take it all in. Brian has asked a few times "Can you believe a tiny person is going to be in this room soon?" Um, nope husband, no I cannot. 

Movement: Still my little wiggle worm! While the ultrasound tech was moving the wand around my stomach at our appointment, CFK would give super firm, swift kicks in response. I can't wait to see if her personality matches this feisty little life that I've been feeling all this time.

Symptoms: Swollen feet. Headaches. Super achey in my pelvic area - the doctor says it's still round ligament pain which is just about the most painful thing I've ever felt, like it hurts to put one foot in front of the other, and rolling over in bed is... a sight to be seen. By the time 5pm rolls around I am D-O-N-E and can't wait to get home and relax. Also definitely feeling a combination of crazy excited, slightly terrified, and anxious as the due date gets closer.

Brian: Is as cool as a cucumber, which I'm grateful for. When I freak out and have my panicky moments, he reminds me that we're not the first people to have babies, that we'll have lots of people helping us through the entire process, that it will happen when it happens and there's no reason to stress or worry otherwise because that's literally the main thing we have zero control over, and that we'll figure it out together. He's definitely aware that I've been in more pain recently, because he's quick to tell me to sit down and put my feet up, and when I mention that I'm hurting or feel something strange, he immediately asks a ton of questions about where the pain is, what kind of pain, have I felt it before. I love that man.

Sleep: Laughable. I've been waking up at least twice a night to pee, and am awake for a solid hour every morning between 3:30 and 4:30am. It's times like these when Etsy is my best friend/worst enemy and I pray that Brian's not home when my middle of the night purchases show up on our porch. I'm exhausted and fall asleep quickly and easily, but I'm so uncomfortable and it hurts to toss and turn, so I kind of just... roll back and forth and pray for morning.

Workouts: Good ol' Molly walks, and trying to keep up stretching. Also starting to up my squats when I can.

Cravings: Mango smoothies. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Clementines. Chex Mix with M&Ms. Buffalo chicken pizza. 

Aversions/Dislikes: Anything too terribly sweet.

Annoyances: Everything is on my nerves right now. Christmas tree needles on the floor. The freezing wind whipping my hair around. The fact that my hands are so, so dry despite constantly putting on hand cream. A messy house.

What I Miss: Being able to move around easily and without... winding up. A good night's sleep (I know, laughable). Putting on my socks and shoes without working up a sweat.

Best Moment This Week: Celebrating my birthday on Saturday with my sweet husband, and seeing our girl at the ultrasound on Thursday! She's come a looong way since the last ultrasound at 18 weeks in August.

Looking Forward To: Enjoying this next week as we get ready for our last Christmas as our little family of two (plus Molly). And meeting our baby girl!

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ "winding up". I have to give myself a one... two... THREE count trying to get off the couch! Bah!

    ReplyDelete